GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guide

2016-2017 Human Development and Family Science, B.A.

These are suggested courses which fulfill some degree requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Development and Family Science.  Transfer associate's degree programs and courses vary among the 23 VCCS colleges.  Be sure to consult your community college academic advisor each semester to make sure you are on track to graduate in an A.A. or A.A.& S or A.S. degree.

VCCS Mason Equivalent
ENG 111 and ENG 112 ENGH 101 and ENGH ----
MTH 151 or 152 MATH 106
CST 100 or 105 or 110 or 126 COMM 100 or 101
ITE 115 IT 103
Arts Arts
REL 100 RELI 100
200 level English Literature or ENG 125 ENGH 2--- or ENGH 201
Natural Science Lecture and Lab Natural Science Lecture and Lab
Natural Science Lecture Natural Science Lecture
Social-Bevioral Science Social-Behvioral Science
Social-Behavioral Science Social-Behavioral Science
HIST 101 or 102 or 112 HIST 101 or 102 or 125


Mason accepts ENG 125, Introduction to Literature in lieu of ENG 112.  ENG 125 is equivalent to ENGH 201, which fulfills our literature requirement.

REL 100 fulfills Mason Core Global Understanding and major requirement for PHL/REL course.

Helpful Transfer Tools

Return to Programs Page

This page took 0.3438 seconds to load.