Freshmen: How to Apply
The Office of Admissions prefers all applicants to Apply Online. You may access our admission application at your convenience, 24 hours a day. The undergraduate application fee is $60 for online applications and $100 for paper applications. All application fees are non-refundable.
What To Do Next
- Give the Secondary School Report to your high school guidance counselor or principal to complete. (If you have been out of school for more than five years, this is not necessary.)
- Request that your high school send an official copy of your transcript, including courses taken, grades earned, and an explanation of the grading system.
- Request that your official scores on the SAT or ACT be sent directly from the appropriate testing service to George Mason University. George Mason's College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) code for the SAT is 5827; the ACT code is 4357.
- Make sure that your transcript and SAT or ACT scores are submitted by the application deadline to the Office of Admissions.
- Request that official AP, IB or CLEP transcripts and any high school dual enrollment college transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- All admission application materials are the property of George Mason University and will not be returned to the applicant, nor shared with another individual, institution or organization under any circumstances. Materials for non-enrolled students will be destroyed.