Eligibility Requirements for Admissions Application Fee Waivers
All applicants to George Mason University are required to pay a NON-REFUNDABLE application fee to be considered for admission.
Certain applicants may qualify for an application fee waiver. These applicants include:
- Freshman applicants who are eligible for ACT, NACAC, SAT or Fairfax College Partnership (FCPP) fee waivers. Waiver forms must be signed by the guidance counselor. Select the “College Board Fee Waiver.”
- Freshman applicants who are high school scholars and who have earned Mason college credit through attendance at Mason's Washington Scholar Programs: The Washington Journalism and Media Conference (WJMC) or The Washington Youth Summit on the Environment (WYSE). Select the "Washington Scholar Program Waiver".
- Freshman applicants who are high school scholars and who have earned Mason college credit through attendance at the following leadership conferences: The National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF), The Global Young Leaders Conference (GYLC), or the National Young Leaders Conference (NYLC), Please select "Leadership Conferences Waiver".
- Freshman applicants who have participated in the Smithonian Conservation program should select the "Leadership Conferences Waiver".
- Transfer applicants who are graduates of the Pathway to the Baccalaureate Program. Select the “Pathway Waiver.” NOTE: Program participation is by invitation only.
- Graduate, Non-Degree, and Transfer applicants that are full-time Mason faculty or classified staff. Select the “George Mason Employee” waiver.
- Under the terms of the Senior Citizens Higher Education Act of 1974, eligible Virginia residents, 60 years or older with a taxable income of less than $23,850 may qualify for an application waiver. Select the “Senior Citizen Waiver.”
Be sure to select the appropriate option in the application and you may submit your admission application without paying an application fee.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are uncertain that you qualify for an application fee waiver, DO NOT select this option. Contact the Office of Admissions at 703-993-2400 to seek guidance BEFORE submitting any application.