Welcome to the School of Business Online Application!
Please note that this application is only for CURRENT Mason students interested in applying for BS status in the School of Business. If you are attempting to apply to Mason as a NEW student interested in a degree in business, please complete the application on the Admissions website for George Mason University.
Apply to BS Status
Students entering the School of Business are initially designated as "pre-business" (BPRE) until successfully completing the School of Business application requirements and obtaining bachelor of science (BS) degree status.
Application to the School of Business's bachelor of science degree programs is in addition to George Mason University's admissions process. After acceptance to Mason, students who wish to pursue a major in accounting (ACCT), finance (FNAN), information systems and operations management (ISOM), management (MGMT), or marketing (MKTG) must complete a separate application to the School of Business.
School of Business application requirements
Acceptance to the School of Business Bachelor of Science status is competitive and based on the applicant’s cumulative GPA from all institutions attended.
- Successfully complete at least 48 credits with at least 9 credits earned at Mason.
- Successfully complete the following application courses with a grade of "C" or higher:
- MATH 108 or MATH 113
- ACCT 203 or ACCT 204
- OM 210 or OM 211
- SOM 301
- Be in good academic standing.
Students must submit their formal application to the School of Business before the deadline of the semester they are completing the requirements listed above. The deadlines are:
|November 1||Acceptance for Spring semester|
|July 1||Acceptance for Fall semester|
- During the semester you are applying, you can pre-register for major courses to be taken in the next semester.
- If you pre-registered for major courses and did not get accepted into the School of Business, you will need to adjust your schedule for the following semester by withdrawing from all major courses.
- Students are notified of the decision about their admission to Bachelor of Science degree status in the School of Business by email, or regular mail. Notification is sent by mid-January (for the previous November 1st deadline), or by mid-August (for the July 1st deadline). Also, changes in degree status can be viewed in the student online unofficial transcript in Patriot Web.
Applicants will need access to a printer in order to print the confirmation page.
Your college must be the School of Business. If it is not the School of Business you must complete a Change/Declaration of Program form, and submit it to Enterprise Hall Room 008.