Evaluation of Transfer Credit
The Office of Admissions is responsible for the award of transfer credit and completes course-by-course transfer credit evaluations for all new transfer students. Evaluations will be available to new transfers approximately one week prior to their scheduled transfer orientation. All transfer students are responsible for providing their final transcript to the Office of Admissions. Re-admitted students will receive a new transfer credit evaluation based upon current transfer credit policy. A previous transfer credit evaluation will not be applicable to the new catalog year. The University reserves the right to revise a transfer credit evaluation at any time.
Transfer credit evaluations are considered final upon completion of the first academic year of enrollment. No changes will be made to evaluations after this time.
- Transfer Credit Search Engine
Use this database to review previously evaluated transfer courses to Mason. Please note that this database is dynamic; we are constantly updating course equivalency data.
- Transfer Credit Criteria
- Transfer credit is granted only from regionally accredited colleges and universities. All coursework must have been completed during the period of time that the college/university held full regional accreditation. Mason is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). A full description of transfer credit policy is available in the current University Catalog.
- Military Credit
- International Transfer Credit
- Transfer Credit Inquiry Form
Use this form if you are missing any transfer credit from your evaluation. This includes credit by exam such as AP, IB or CLEP. Be certain that you have requested official, final transcripts to be sent to the Office of Admissions and are knowledgable about our credit acceptance policies before submitting this form.
- Transfer Credit Re-Evaluation Appeal Form
Use this form if you were awarded elective credit for a particular course and wish to have it re-evaluated for as potentially equivalent to a specific Mason course.