George Mason University Guaranteed Admission Agreement (GAA) Letter of Intent
Attention NVCC GAA Applicants: The GAA Letter of Intent is required of all NVCC GAA applicants applying for fall 2013 forward.
Transfer applicants from participating GAA Virginia community colleges that have earned 30-45 credits and wish to be considered for GAA admission are requested to complete this form. If you do not qualify for GAA admission, do not submit the form. All fields are required. You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging our receipt of your GAA Letter of Intent. Please note that the Letter of Intent is requested from all applicants, but only required from NVCC applicants. Submission of the Letter of Intent does not imply admission to George Mason University.
Applicant requirements for the Guaranteed Admission Agreement:
- I will apply for transfer admission by Mason’s priority application deadlines: March 1 for fall admission or October 1 for spring admission. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered for guaranteed admission.
- I must apply for degree graduation by my campus deadline in order to earn my A.A., A.S or A.A.&S degree before enrolling at Mason.
- As a GAA applicant I certify that I have earned a minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) at the time of application and that I will have a minimum 3.00 CGPA upon graduation.
- If all of my coursework for the A.A, A.S. or A.A.&S. degree was not completed at my graduating GAA campus, I must present a minimum of 30 transferable credits from my GAA campus, including the required English and Math courses. I understand that I must have a minimum 3.00 CPA on all attempted coursework from all other institutions within the five year period prior to application to Mason.
- I must have completed VCCS ENG 111 and ENG 112 or ENG 125 (RBC ENGL 101 and ENGL 102) with grades of A, B or C at my GAA campus.
- I must have completed one of the following mathematics courses with a grade of A, B or C at my GAA campus: VCCS MTH 151, 152, 170, 173, 180, 181, 182, 240, 241, 270, 271, 272, 273 or 287 (RBC MATH 110, 201, 202 or 207). The English and Math courses must be taken at your GAA degree granting community college.
- I intend to enroll in the semester indicated on this form.
- Transfer credit awarded at the community college for AP, CLEP or IB examination results will be re-evaluated for credit consistency with Mason standards. I will review Mason’s credit award policy for these examinations (admissions.gmu.edu/exams/) and request official transcripts to be sent to the Mason Office of Admissions when I apply.
- I understand that admission to Mason does not imply admission to any particular degree program. Certain degree programs have additional requirements for admission that may require a significantly higher CGPA or additional course requirements, etc.
- I understand that Mason recommends that GAA applicants graduate in May and transfer for fall. Students who graduate in summer or fall will be considered on a space available basis and that Mason may defer their admission to the spring semester.
- I understand that a previous academic or non-academic suspension or dismissal or a felony conviction will disqualify me from GAA admission consideration.
- I understand that my GAA admission will be contingent upon receipt of a final transcript reflecting the award of my A.A., A.S. or A.A. &S. degree with the required GPA. Mason may rescind my admission or not award the benefits of this agreement if I do not meet all of the terms of the Guaranteed Admission Agreement.
My acknowledgment indicates that I understand and agree to meet all requirements outlined for GAA admission to George Mason University. Transfer applicants who do not meet all of the requirements for GAA admission may be considered for regular transfer admission.