GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guide

2016-2017 Integrative Studies, B.A.

The School of Integrative Studies offers the following concentrations aligned with the Bachelor of Arts degree in Integrative Studies:

  • Advertising
  • Applied Global Conservation
  • Childhood Studies
  • Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
  • Elementary Education (K-6)
  • International Studies
  • Legal Studies
  • Language Arts for Education (Secondary Education English)
  • Leadership and Organizational Development
  • Social Justice and Human Rights
  • Social Innovation and Enterprise


  • Social Science for Education (Secondary Education History/Social Science)

These are suggested courses which fulfill some degree requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Studies.  Transfer associate's degree programs and courses vary among the 23 VCCS colleges.  Be sure to consult your community college academic advisor each semester to make sure you are on track to graduate in an A.A. or A.A.& S or A.S. degree.

VCCS Mason Equivalent
ENG 111 and ENG 112 ENGH 101 and ENGH ----
MTH 151 or MTH 152 MATH 106
200 level English Literature or ENG 125 ENGH 2--- or ENGH 201
Humanities-Fine Arts Fine Arts
HIS 101 or 102 or 112 HIST 101 or 102 or 125
ITE 115 IT 103
CST 100 or 105 or 110 or 126 COMM 100 or 101
Natural Science with Lab Natural Science with Lab
Social and Behavorial Science Social Science


Mason accepts ENG 125, Introduction to Literature in lieu of ENG 112.  ENG 125=ENGH 201, which fulfills our literature requirement.

Integrative Studies majors have unique requirements.  Prospetive transfers are encouraged to contact an academic advisor in the School of Integrative Studies early in their community college career for assistance in planning.


Helpful Transfer Tools

Return to Programs Page

This page took 0.3125 seconds to load.