GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guide

2020-2021 Systems Engineering, B.S.

These are suggested courses which fulfill some degree requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering.  Transfer associate's degree programs and courses vary among the 23 VCCS colleges.  Be sure to consult your community college academic advisor each semester to make sure you are on track to graduate in an A.A. or A.A.& S or A.S. degree.

VCCS Mason Equivalent
ENG 111 and ENG 112 ENGH 101 and ENGH ----
MTH 263 and MTH 264 MATH 113 and MATH 114
CST 100 or 105 or 110 COMM 100 or 101
Arts Arts
Global Understanding Global Understanding
200 level English Literature ENGH 202
PHY 231 or PHY 241 PHYS 160 and PHYS 161
PHY 232 or PHY 242 PHYS 260 and PHYS 261 and PHYS 266
ECO 202 ECON 103
HIS 101 or 102 or 112 HIST 101 or 102 or 125
CHM 111 CHEM 211 and CHEM 213
CSC 201 and CSC 202 CS 112 and CS 211
EGR 120 or EGR 121 ENGR 107
EGR 240 ME 211
EGR 245 ME 231
EGR 246 ME 212
MTH 265 MATH 213
MTH 266 MATH 203
MTH 267 MATH 214


Grades of A or B must be earned in both MTH 263 and MTH 264 before applying to Mason

Applicants to the Volgenau School of Engineering are expected to work with their academic advisor to plan completion of required MTH courses early. Applicants who have not completed the required MTH course before applying to Mason will not be admitted to Systems Engineering.

Although ENG 112 is a VCCS degree requirement, it does not fulfill a program requirement within the BS, Systems Engineering degree program. ENG 125 will continue to transfer to fulfill the Mason Core literature requirement until 2025.

Helpful Transfer Tools

Return to Programs Page

This page took 0.3125 seconds to load.