GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guide

2018-2019 Theater, B.A. or B.F.A.

These are suggested courses which fulfill some degree requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree  or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theater.  The transfer associate's degree programs and courses vary among the 23 VCCS colleges.  Be sure to consult your community college academic advisor each semester to make sure you are on track to graduate in an A.A. or A.A.& S or A.S. degree.

VCCS Mason Equivalent
ENG 111 and ENG 112 ENGH 101 and ENGH ---
MTH 154 MATH 106
CST 100 or 105 or 110 COMM 100 or COMM 101
CST 130 THR 101
Global Understanding Global Understanding
200 level English Literature or ENG 125 ENGH 2--- or ENGH 201
Natural Science Lecture and Lab Natural Science Lecture and Lab
Natural Science Lecture Natural Science Lecture
Social-Behavioral Science Social-Behavioral Science
HIS 101 or 102 or 112 HIST 101 or 102 or 125
Foreign Language proficency Foreign Language proficiency
CST 131 THR 210
CST 253 THR 201


Admission to the B.A or B.F.A. degree programs is by interview and audition or portfolio review  Contact the School of Theater to schedule after submission of the transfer application.  Email: or 703.993.1120. 

Mason accepts ENG 125, Introduction to Literature in lieu of ENG 112.  ENG 125 is equivalent to ENGH 201, which fulfills our literature requirement..

An academic minor may be completed in lieu of foreign language.


Helpful Transfer Tools

Return to Programs Page

This page took 0.2813 seconds to load.