GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Apply for Financial Aid

If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and plan to apply for financial aid, you and your parents should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it to the federal processor. FAFSA applications can be started anytime after January 1, and should be completed no later than March 1. FAFSA forms are available at, at the George Mason Office of Student Financial Aid, high schools, or public libraries. George Mason University's Title IV code for the FAFSA is 003749.

Several weeks after you submit the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Check the SAR carefully for errors. If corrections need to be made, send them in as soon as possible. Also, mail any requested documents to the Office of Student Financial Aid. An award notification cannot be sent until all requested forms have been received.

Need help? You have a financial aid counselor. To contact your counselor via e-mail, go to the Office of Student Financial Aid website and click on Contact Your Financial Aid Counselor or call 703-993-2353 to schedule an appointment.

Next: Register for Orientation

Back to List of All Steps

This page took 0.2350 seconds to load.