GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents Living Abroad or Holding International Credentials

We know the admissions application process can be challenging when you are living abroad and do not have immediate access to campus. At Mason, we are committed to assisting you and making the process move smoothly. In order to apply to Mason, you should complete our online admissions application and follow the instructions for application category (freshmen, transfer or graduate) that fits best with your degree objective.

Whether you are living abroad or in the U.S., if you possess transcripts or diplomas from a high school or university abroad you will be required to submit official, original documentation from each institution attended and you may be asked to prove English language proficiency. If you attended a university abroad that follows a non-US curriculum a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES recognized evaluation agency is required. If you have questions about your individual situation, please contact the Office of Admissions at any time for guidance at

This page took 0.3281 seconds to load.