GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guide

2018-2019 Social Science for Education, B.A. (Integrative Studies)

Licensure Track: Secondary Education History/Social Science

These are suggested courses which fulfill some degree requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Integrative Studies with a concentration in Social Science for Education.  These courses prepare transfer students for the Licensure Track in Secondary Education History/Social Science.  Transfer associate's degree programs and courses vary among the 23 VCCS colleges.  Be sure to consult your community college academic advisor each semester to make sure you are on track to graduate in an A.A. or A.A.& S or A.S. degree.

VCCS Mason Equivalent
ENG 111 and ENG 112 ENGH 101 and ENGH ----
MTH 154 MATH 106
CST 100 or 105 or 110 COMM 100 or 101
ITE 115 IT 103
Arts Arts
Global Understanding Global Understanding
200 level English Literature or ENG 125 ENGH 2--- or ENGH 201
Natural Science Lecture and Lab Natural Science Lecture and Lab
Natural Science Lecture Natural Science Lecture
PLS 211 GOVT 103
HIS 112 HIST 125
ECO 201 and 202 ECON 104 and 103
HIS 121 HIST 121
HIS 122 or 281 or 282 HIST 122 or L391 or L392
GEO 200 GGS 102


Mason accepts ENG 125, Introduction to Literature in lieu of ENG 112.  ENG 125 is equivalent to ENGH 201, which fulfills our literature requirement.

Helpful Transfer Tools

Return to Programs Page

This page took 0.6250 seconds to load.