GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guide

2018-2019 Liberal Arts for Teaching Professions, B.A. (Integrative Studies) (Licensure Tracks: Pre-K โ€“ Grade 3; Kindergarten โ€“ Grade 6)

These are suggested courses which fulfill some degree requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Integrative Studies with a concentration in Liberal Arts for the Teaching Professions. Transfer associate's degree programs and courses vary among the 23 VCCS colleges. Be sure to consult your community college academic advisor each semester to make sure you are on track to graduate in an A.A. or A.A.& S or A.S. degree.

VCCS Mason Equivalent
ENG 111 and ENG 112 ENGH 101 and ENGH ----
MTH 151 and MTH 152 MATH 106 and MATH ---
CST 100 or 105 or 110 COMM 100 or 101
ITE 115 IT 103
Arts โ€“ Dance courses do not apply to the degree Arts
GEO 220 GGS 101
200 level English Literature or ENGH 125 ENGH 2--- or ENGH 201
Natural Science Lecture and Lab Natural Science Lecture and Lab
Natural Science Lecture and Lab Natural Science Lecture and Lab
PLS 135 or PLS 211 GOVT 103
HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 112 HIST 101 or HIST 102 or HIST 125
REL 100, REL 232/REL 238, or PHI 260 RELI 100, RELI 211, RELI 212
HIS 121 or HIS 122 HIST 121
ECO 120, ECO 202, or ECO 201 ECON 100, ECON 103, ECON 104


Mason accepts ENG 125, Introduction to Literature in lieu of ENG 112. ENG 125 is equivalent to ENGH 201, which fulfills our literature requirement.

Helpful Transfer Tools

Return to Programs Page

This page took 0.2500 seconds to load.