GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guide


Licensure Tracks: Secondary Education Biology, Chemistry, or Earth Science

These are suggested courses which fulfill some degree requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree in Integrative Studies with a concentration in Natural Science for Secondary Education.  These courses prepare transfer students for the Licensure Track in Secondary Biology, Chemistry and Earth Science.  Transfer associate's degree programs and courses vary among the 23 VCCS colleges.  Be sure to consult your community college academic advisor each semester to make sure you are on track to graduate in an A.A. or A.A.& S or A.S. degree.

VCCS Mason Equivalent
ENG 111 and 112 ENGH 101 and ENGH ----
MTH* Quantitative Reasoning
CST 100 or 105 or 110 or 126 COMM 100 or 101
ITE 115 IT 103
Arts Arts
Global Understanding Global Understanding
200 level English Literature or ENG 125 ENGH 2--- or ENGH 201
BIO 101 BIOL 103
CHM 111 and 112 CHEM 211, 213 and 212, 214
Social-Behavioral Science Social-Behavioral Science
HIS 101 or 102 or 112 HIST 101 or 102 or 125
GOL 105 GEOL 101



  • Biology Track:  Choose one course---MTH 151, 152, 240 or 241
  • Chemistry Track:  Choose MTH 173 and 174
  • Earth Science Track:  Choose one course---MTH 151, 152, 240, 241 or 173

Mason accepts ENG 125, Introduction to Literature in lieu of ENG 112.  ENG 125 is equivalent to ENGH 201, which fulfills our literature requirement.


Helpful Transfer Tools

Return to Programs Page

This page took 0.2734 seconds to load.