GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guide

2017-2018 Music, B.A.

These are suggested courses which fulfill some degree requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Art Music.  Transfer associate's degree programs and courses vary among the 23 VCCS colleges.  Be sure to consult your community college academic advisor each semester to make sure you are on track to graduate in an A.A. or A.A.& S or A.S. degree.

VCCS Mason Equivalent
ENG 111 and ENG 112 ENGH 101 and ENGH ----
MTH 154 MATH 106
CST 100 or 105 or 110 or 126 COMM 100 or 101
200 level English Literature or ENG 125 ENGH 2--- or ENGH 201
Natural Science Lecture and Lab Natural Science Lecture and Lab
Natural Science Lecture Natural Science Lecture
Social-Behvioral Science Social-Behavioral Science
HIS 101 or 102 or 112 HIST 101 or 102 or 125
MUS 111, 112 MUSI 115, 116
MUS 141, 142 MUSI 171, 172


 Mason accepts ENG 125, Introduction to Literature in lieu of ENG 112.  ENG 125 is equivalent to ENGH 201, which fulfills our literature requirement.

Intermediate level proficiency in a foreign language or completion of an academic minor is required. VCCS foreign language course 202 satisfies this requirement.

Admission to the School of Music is competitive.  Transfer applicants are required to successfully pass a music audition to be considered for admission to the B.A. or B.M. degree programs.  Contact the School of Music to schedule your audition immediately after submission of your application:  703.993.1390


Helpful Transfer Tools

Return to Programs Page

This page took 0.2656 seconds to load.