GMU Logo
Office of Admissions
Ask the Patriot

Evaluation of Military Transfer Credit

Coursework from the Air University, the Defense Language Institute, the United States Naval Academy, the United States Military Academy, the United States Air Force Academy and the United States Coast Guard Academy will be considered for transfer if a comparable course is offered at Mason.

Military Science or ROTC credit earned at other regionally accredited colleges and universities may be considered for transfer into the Department of Military Science.

Other credit earned for training or military service (as documented on an official ACE transcript) may be considered for transfer into the Bachelor of Individualized Study (BIS) program and is subject to the Credit for Nontraditional Modes of Learning policy within BIS. If an enrolled BIS student decides to change majors, nontraditional transfer credit will not apply toward any other major.

Effective Fall 2014, new transfer students who have completed U.S. military service may be eligible for the award of six credits of lower-level Military Science electives: MLSC L400 (3) and MLSC L402 (3). To request credit, military applicants are required to provide the Office of Admissions an official Joint Services transcript or DD-214.

This page took 0.2324 seconds to load.